Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Little Buddy


I just wanted to take a minute to write about the best little friend anyone could have! Right now I am only working one day a week and so I get to spend so much quality time with Trey. I love it more than anything and it's going to be extremely difficult for me to work more days if I get the chance! Trey is honestly the sweetest little thing I have ever met. I love watching him grow and learn new things, and I especially love listening to the cute and funny things he says all day long! He is such a polite and thoughtful child. Lately he has shown a little more feisty side, I think it's because he goes to nursery and daycare and is learning a few tricks:) But if he ever see's me sad or upset he takes my face in his hands and asks me what is wrong and gives me huge hugs. I have also had multiple people who have watched him in nursery tell me he is so polite and says things like "may I please play with this toy?" Every day he says something new and always makes me laugh. It is so interesting to watch his little personality develop, and I'm so grateful I can be with him so much right now and not miss these things. It is also interesting to watch the way he reacts to certain things, and know that he is reacting that way because he learned it from Chris or me. It shows me things I need to work on, like being more patient and not raising my voice:) I want to be the best example to him of how he should treat others so it is my goal every day to treat him with love and kindness. It is a hard thing sometimes as a mother to stay calm and collected and I am FAR from perfect, but I am constantly striving and that's all I can do! I have been trying to write down the funny little things he says, and hopefully once a month I can post them here so I never forget them. Here are some of the ones I have written down, too bad I can't record them all, his little high pitched voice makes them so much better!!

"I can help you find a wooden animal at the zoo! I can help you whatever it means!" -He kept saying this over and over one day after his nap, I have no idea what he was talking about!

"You got me a surprise?! Oh how beautiful mom!!" -he said that before I gave him the surprise.

Me: you make me happy Trey, what makes you happy?
Trey: ummmmm, how about........diggers.

-He kept asking me what animals say, so then I asked him what Trey says and he said "I don't say anything mom, I just talk."

Me: would you like to share some lasagna with me?
Trey: no, maybe tomorrow.

-I picked a block out of the bag to make a tower and Trey said, "OH! That is a good choice mom!!"

-I was playing the piano and he says, "Mom! Stop playing that beautiful song!"

-Waking up from his nap: "I can't find my Basosaurus Rex anywhere! I can't hear him, but he sure is hiding!" (He is talking about a T-Rex, they call it Basosaurus Rex on Little Einsteins)

-During the closing prayer in sacrament meeting he said, "this church is weird!"

-Rihanna's song was on in the car and it says diamonds in the sky, Trey heard it and said, "There's not diamonds in the sky! There's just a star!!"

"Look at that castle mommy!! (he starts chuckling) sorry, that was a building."

-He saw a kid with binoculars and said, "I love your telescopes!"

-My brother's friend was wearing a green cast on his leg, so Trey went up to him and said, "I love your green stocking!"

-He also told Jackie's little baby that he loves his helmet:)

-during sacrament he was sharing his dinosaur with another little boy and said loudly, "this is my dinosaur I got for pooping in the toilet!!"

-whenever I tell him where we are going, "Ohhh, that'd be fun!"


Those are just the ones I wrote down, I am so sad that I forgot or didn't have time to write everything down he says because they are never ending!
Obviously I am obsessed with this little guy. He is at such a cute, and challenging age, I am scared to see it go so fast. I'm so grateful to be his mom and I can't wait to see what each new day brings with him!!!





2 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh my he is so hilarious I am dying!

Emily Maria said...

I teared up. Oh my. What a great mom. You love each other soo much!!