Sunday, May 29, 2011

In loving memory...


As many of you know, Trey's middle name is Ashton. Ashton is the name of Trey's cousin, and my nephew, who passed away when he was only one year old. Because it is Memorial Day weekend I just wanted to write a little bit about sweet baby Ashton. Ashton was born on July 30, 2006. He was such a beautiful little baby with the cutest face and lips I have ever seen! Ashton spent almost all the days of his life in Primary Children's Hospital. I don't think they were ever positive about what was wrong with him, and he passed away on August 7, 2007. I loved this little boy so much, and so did anyone who ever laid eyes on him. He was so incredibly loved, and I am grateful to know that he is in a safe place and that he is happy now. My sweet Aunt also lost a baby, and on his headstone is engraved the most beautiful quote. Every Memorial Day when I read it I can't control my tears. I believe it is true of all little ones who leave us too early, this is what it says:
"An angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth. Then whispered as she closed the book "too beautiful for earth". ~author unknown
Every night I ask Heavenly Father to give Ashton a kiss for me and tell him we love him, because I know Ashton is right there with Him.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Love this. It made me cry.